Q. How will things work in the Library?
- From 30th September (for week starting 5th October) you will need to book online to visit the library https://tcd-ie.libcal.com/
- All study spaces will be at least 2 metres apart
- There will be a 'keep right' policy in all spaces
- Readers will be required to maintain 2 metre social distancing in all spaces and not to congregate anywhere in the buildings
- Readers will be required to wear face masks
- The Library will provide hand gel at key locations throughout the reading rooms
- Wipes will also be provided so that study spaces can be wiped down before and after use
- Readers should feel free to browse and use books from the open shelves. When finished with a book, it should be placed on the nearest available trolley. Books should *not* be re-shelved - Library staff will take care of this
- Self-service kiosks can be used to return/renew and borrow books.
- Service counters can be used for collecting Stacks(Storage) items.
- Short Loan(high demand course books) on the ground floor of the Berkeley will be moved (effective from 5th October t)to the first floor of the Berkeley (official publications section) to accommodate a quarantine room for books previously returned by readers. These "high demand reference" items can be used within the library only.
- When leaving the building, please ensure that all books are removed from study spaces and placed back on trolleys to facilitate the cleaning of reading rooms
- For readers in the Berkeley/Lecky/Ussher complex, please note that the Lecky entrance to the Arts Building is closed. You will therefore need to use the Berkeley entrance to enter and exit the complex. See our Resumption of Library services page for full information: https://libguides.tcd.ie/working-from-home/resumption_of_services
Was this helpful? 0 0