Chat widget

Where can I find out if someone studied in Trinity College Dublin in the 1800s?
Last Updated: Apr 25, 2022     Views: 957

Take a look at Alumni Dublinenses (A register of the students, graduates, professors and provosts of Trinity College in the University of Dublin (1593-1860). The entrance records (on which the information in Alumni Dublineses is based) up to 1910 have been digitised and are also available online. The reference for these entrance registers are TCD MUN V 23/1- and the indices to the registers are TCD MUN V 24/1aa-.

You should first look for the individual's name, in the relevant index (listed by surname, alphabetically, within a certain number of years), possibly in TCD MUN V 24/4, 5 or 6, and if you find it, then look for an expanded entry in the relevant register in the TCD MUN V 23 series.

For follow up contact staff in Manuscripts & Archives at